Curtain wall glue refers to a single-component, neutral curing, silicone structural sealant with excellent performance specially designed for structural bonding and assembly in building curtain walls. It can be easily extruded and used under ample weather conditions, relying on the moisture in the air to cure into an excellent, durable, high modulus, high elastic silicone rubber.
What is curtain wall adhesive? Curtain wall adhesive tape usage specifications
There are mainly the following types of adhesives for building curtain walls:
- Neutral silicone structural sealant-mainly used for bonding the glass panel of the hidden frame glass curtain wall and the aluminum attached frame;
- Neutral silicone weather-resistant sealant-mainly used to seal the plug joints of various curtain walls, and it cannot be used for parts subject to structural forces;
- Neutral glass glue-generally used for all-glass curtain walls;
Construction method of curtain wall glue:
- First, use solvents such as toluene or acetone to clean the surface of the interface and keep it dry.
- Stick a low-viscosity tape on the parts that need to be protected, but do not touch the tape to the surface to be constructed.
- Use a glue gun to squeeze the glue from the glue cylinder to the interface for sealing.
- When the glue is not solidified, trim it immediately to achieve a beautiful appearance.
Features and uses of curtain wall glue:
- Neutral curing, non-corrosive, good adhesion to most building materials and surfaces.
- Excellent weather resistance, aging resistance, UV resistance, ozone resistance, and moisture resistance.
The main purpose
- Fully hidden or semi-hidden frame structure bonding assembly in building curtain wall.
- Structural bonding and sealing of insulating glass.
- Used for non-structural bonding and sealing of glass curtain walls.
- Seam sealing between concrete, bricks, ceramics, aluminum-plastic panels and metal plates.
- Other buildings are sealed.
Specifications for the use of curtain wall adhesive strips
Curtain wall adhesive strips (gaskets) are mainly used for glass exterior walls of large buildings. This product enhances the windproof and waterproof performance of the building, stabilizes the glass structure of the exterior wall, and enhances the safety performance of the building without hindering the overall beauty of the building. Dense seam adhesive strips are mainly used on glass curtain walls. In addition, adhesive strips are also used when dry dense seams are used for opaque curtain walls such as aluminum panels and stone, which mainly play a sealing role. The use position is the open position, or a fixed position such as the handover position of glass and aluminum.