KASTAR 978 Fire resistant MS polymer sealant
Excellent fire resistance, able to prevent burning
- Quality assurance
- Fast delivery
- Big order discount
- Free sample
KASTAR 978 Firerated MS Polymer Sealant is a one-component moisture-solid MS Polymer Based Sealant, which has excellent flame retardant and adhesive sealing performance, no corrosion to the substrate, No pollution, no pollution to the environment, and good adhesion to metal, glass, and other substrates.
OEM & ODM
We are professional manufacturer
of adhesives and sealants
Typical Physical Properties
|Chemical Base||MS Polymer|
|Density||1.5 ± 0.1 gr/ml|
|Skin Dry time||40 min (23°C and %50 R.H.)|
|Speed of Squeeze||500g/min GB/T 13477.4|
|Hardness Shore A||40|
|Elongation at break||260|
|Tensile strength||2.2 N/mm2|
|Temperature Work||-40°C and +90°C|
- The flame-retardant grade reaches EN45545-2 HL3, with strong flame-retardant performance.
- Low smoke emission in the burning state.
- Good UV resistance and weather resistance.
- It has good adhesion to a variety of substrates.
MS Firerated is non-hazardous, will not emit halogenated by-products under fire conditions, and contains no raw materials known to have an oestrogenic effect on the environment.
The sealant offers excellent levels of adhesion to most construction substrates and can be overpainted with oil, polyurethane or latex paints.
- Not suitable for freezing or damp, silicone oil-containing base surface and silicone rubber.
- The surface of the substrate to adhere must be clean and dry, free of dust, oil, and water stains. An adhesive substrate should be used for cleaning with the cleaning agent. Otherwise, it may cause bonding failure.
- Temperature and humidity have a great impact on the surface for drying and curing of the sealant, and the construction environment is recommended Temperature 5 ～35℃, humidity 50～70%RH.
- The node part can be modified and smoothed with a scraper or rigid foam strip, and the ground is partially modified.It can be smoothed with soapy water.
- For construction methods, please refer to the construction instructions or consult our technicians.
Storage and shelf life
- They should be protected from water, frost and adverse air conditions.
- They should be kept dry and cool on wooden pallets at between +10 °C and +25 °C in moisture-free conditions.
- The opened products should be consumed immediately.
- Shelf life is maximum 9 months conditional to complying with the aforementioned storage conditions.
Safety & Disposal
For information and advice on the safe handling, storage and disposal of chemical products, users shall refer to the most recent Material Safety Data Sheet containing physical, ecological, toxicological and other safety-related data.
The technical data contained herein is based on our present knowledge and experience and we cannot be held liable for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions or editorial failings that result from technological changes or research between the date of issue of this document and the date the product is acquired.
Before using the product, the user should carry out any necessary tests in order to ensure that the product is suitable for the intended application. Moreover, all users should contact the seller or the manufacturer of the product for additional technical information concerning its use if they think that the information in their possession needs to be clarified in any way, whether for normal use or a specific application of our product.
Our guarantee applies within the context of the statutory regulations and provisions in force, current professional standards and in accordance with the stipulations set out in our general sales conditions. The information detailed in the present technical data sheet is given by way of indication and is not exhaustive. The same applies to any information provided verbally by telephone to any prospective or existing customer.
|White, Black, Grey||300ml||24|
|White, Black, Grey||600ml||20|