Building curtain wall glue is used for glass curtain wall structure assembly and glass curtain wall panel joint sealing.
One, Glass curtain wall structure assembly sealant
- The glass curtain wall structure assembly should use silicone-type structural sealant, which meets the standards of GB/16776-2005 “Silicone Structural Sealant for Building” or JC/T 475-2015 “Silicone Structural Sealant for Building Curtain Wall”.
- The glass curtain wall must strictly abide by the requirements of JGJ 102 “Technical Specification for Glass Curtain Wall Engineering” in the process of design, production, and installation.
- Before structural adhesives are used, they should be tested by a nationally recognized testing organization for compatibility and peel adhesion of the materials in contact with them.
Two, glass curtain wall panel joint sealant
- The weather-resistant sealing of the glass curtain wall should be made of silicone building sealant.
- The product should meet the Gw requirements in GB/T 14683-2017 “Silicone and Modified Silicone Building Sealant”.
- The joint sealant with the appropriate displacement capability level should be selected according to the actual situation of the plate.
Three, construction matters need attention:
- The requirements of JGJ 102 “Technical Specification for Glass Curtain Wall Engineering” must be strictly followed during the construction of structural adhesives.
- During the construction and assembly process of the structural adhesive, the adhesion test must be carried out in accordance with the requirements of GB 16776 “silicone structural sealant for construction” appendix “Test method of structural sealant in construction and assembly” (the finished product failure method is the unit Piece rubber cutting test, non-finished product destruction method hand-pulling test, ie, batch peeling test, hand-pulling test after immersion in water), on-site measurement of surface drying time, single-component sealant rebound characteristics test, two-component sealant mixing uniformity measurement, Two-component sealant breaking time test.
- The structural adhesive must have complete operation and test records during the construction process.
- All unit parts must have identification marks, which are used to track the person who made the unit parts, the date, the batch number of the sealant, and the actual installation position of the unit parts on the curtain wall.
- The bonding surface of the substrate must be cleaned to remove dust, oil stains, and other dirt.
- If it is stated in the adhesive test report that the primer should be used, the primer provided or specified by our company must be used in the actual construction.
If you want to know more information about Sealant solutions for glass curtain wall systems, welcome to contact KASTAR, we will provide the most professional solutions for you!